good ole ticker...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The skimpiest thing I've worn out to dinner in years...


This weekend is going to be busy--it is my son's 7th birthday on Tuesday and his birthday party is on Sunday.  As I said in my last post, it was also our anniversary (9th!) on Thursday.... so we decided to call in our babysitter and go out to dinner last night.
I can't remember, but did I tell you guys that I did a quick shopping trip to Target (I am sure I did, now that I think of it...) and bought some sundresses... well the picture above is one of them.

Now, when I look at this picture I get 2 very different reactions:
1) I see a bunch of fashion don'ts: the shoes are wrong, the dress could fit better, I'm not wearing any make up
2) Wow! I can't believe I am pulling off this dress.  It is flimsy and pretty unforgiving and the hubs really dug it.  I felt sexy and glamorous in it...

We had a great dinner at one of our favorite restaurants-- and I couldn't eat a whole lot. It's been a tight few days... but I am finding great success with SALAD at lunchtime.
I still need to accept that dinner is my tightest time of day, and that soups and eating little amounts is best.

I've got to make a breakthrough to new lows sooner or later-- yeah?  I am sure it will all come together-- but know that I've essentially been stuck in this same weight range since around May. Humbug.
Never give up-- never surrender. Keep learning... keep being proud of myself.

Oh: and stay tuned for comparison pictures from last year's bday party for my son and this year's... here is preview:

Late July 2010-- ~178 lbs

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the dress!! Love it! And you look great in it! I am tight at dinner! Anytime I pb it happens at night. Arrggg But I also tend to be the most hungry at that time and take large, un-thinking bites!

I am ready for week three! I might do week 1-2 this week! But I did get a third session in last night!

Linda said...

I'm so glad you felt great in that dress. You should have - it looks great. have a great time at the party.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

The blue color is stunning on you!

Lap Band Gal said...

so adorable! :)

Ice Queen said...

That dress is fab on you. *insert wolf whistle, here*

Darlin1 said...

WOW! You look great!

Vanessa said...

Love that Dress! You look great!

Kristin said...

Looking GOOOOOD, girl!

Jen said...

You look fantastic!!!